For the Filipino People

/
0 Comments
For my Filipino people:

The Philippines and the crisis that we faced just recently has been known worldwide. We have been struck by Typhoon Maring and a terrible monsoon that have left millions of pesos worth of damage to our country, loved ones wiped out by flood, houses that some of my Filipino people have lost, hunger, disease, and many other. 

I haven't figured out what to write these past few days but this post would seem like a way of venting on what I think about our country and the situations that we get ourselves into. I was talking to my sister the other day and suddenly I said, "Here in the Philippines when it rains, it really pours. Pork Barrel Scam, the Thomas Aquinas Ferry that sank in Cebu, and the recent typhoon are one of the many challenges we face each and everyday. It's like it never ends and the list just keeps on going."

I'm never a fan of watching current affairs here in our country because it saddens me that many people are experiencing these tragedies and I can't do anything about it. Yes, I am not well informed about any of these but it's hard to live under a rock and pretend that nothing is happening. I hear it all over the place, read it from social network sites, or accidentally read it from recycled newspapers that I use for my dogs' litter. haha talk about a clever way of getting something from nothing.

This one's for my countrymen. My deepest desires to reach out through this. My condolences to the families who have lost loved ones from different tragedies. My love to every one experiencing the good, the bad, and the worst at this time. 

We face challenges every day whether we live in the easiest or the most complicated waysI say challenges and not problems. A problem for me is a negative perception of seeing things and we sometimes end up not solving any of it because it depresses us and it leaves us sulking in the dark. While challenges are positive perceptions that motivate us to think better and inspire us to find meaningful ways on how to go about a certain situation or get out totally from it.

Life is what it is, it's beautiful but in different perceptions.

A group of kids swimming in clogged sewage having the best time in the world is happy, or that old lady  who gets to sell candies or sticks of cigarettes in the street for a simple meal on the table is happy, or even the politician or politicians who squander all their countrymen's money for their own is damn right the happiest!

This is not a post about putting the blame on the Filipino Government or to my countrymen but a thought came to me that we are truly wonderful people despite our serious flaws. 

In the end of it all, we all just live to be happy. It's an inevitable pursuit that is within each of us. We just have different ways in achieving them. People may perceive them and label them as good or bad but in the end everyone just wants to feel complete and full.

Here in my country, most of us see that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer but I believe that this shouldn't be the case that we always stick in our heads. I think and in my opinion we must always look back on the good traits and the strong attitude we have to strive to live and be full and contented.

I see kids on the streets eating scraps, hear the news on people who dine in the finest ways but every time I get to see them I always remind myself that each of us plays a perfect purpose in this whole entire circle of life that the lion king movie keeps reminding us. 

I think that our country would be better if each and everyone of us play our roles as seriously as we should. That that gentleman must make sure to carefully plan that widening and sewage system of our streets to reduce or totally eliminate the flooding problem we have; or that lady must make sure that the budget for different towns and cities' improvements must be equally distributed so that a whole lot of people can benefit from what they give through taxes; or that each and every Filipino whether educated or not must learn the real value of helping the government by helping Mother Earth itself and not make her a big trash bin.

We lost our roles and we can't play our different parts. The casting is all wrong and we're all jumbled actors and actresses in this big stage of life.

We suffer and yet we don't realize that we are the root of our own suffering.

But as most of my Filipino people feel this suffering we still never lose the important things. 

Faith. 

Our country has been tested many many times by different circumstances that always leave us beaten but in the end we always know and we figure out ways how to get back up again. Whether it is a quick fix or a long-term one we always know and find different or sometimes clever ways on how to deal with life's tragedies. Amen! 

Hope.

That each and everyone of us is thinking and feeling, that life will be better,  and everything bad will always turn out fine and we'll live happier than we could ever imagine.

Smile.

A midst all the trials we still manage to hold our head high and smile. Smile in times of trouble, smile and just continue on living and still see how beautiful life is.  

I admire my countrymen for having these traits and this attitude: Life is hard and it will beat us up many times, but this is not a reason for us to stop living. It still is, beautiful to live. 

To my Filipino people that I have always admired. Stand strong and never falter!


No comments:

You're very much welcome to share what you think about my posts but please don't butcher me. :))