On Having 4 Wonderful Sisters

/
0 Comments
For my four sisters,

You might not get the chance to read this but I'd like to take this opportunity to finally write something about you guys. With every challenge that came to us this 2014, I can truly say that despite it all you are the most wonderful blessings in my life, so far.

I mean despite the bickering and all the drama in the house due to hormones raging in different times of the week, I've come to terms that we did grow up pretty nicely.

Growing up with four sisters is such a wonderful story to tell. Here are the top 10 things why:

10. Ultimate-Girl-Drama.
Yes, we have to admit girls, we love all the drama even if we deny it 70 X 7. Drama is like the best part of being a girl/woman.

Awkward stage of growing up. From top left-bottom right:
 Giannecarla, Me. Giannerica, Gianneluisa, &Giannepaula
Growing up with 4 different girls, seeing them everyday, talking with them, crying, and laughing are probably the best highlights of my day.

Despite the work load of being a teacher and dealing with more girls in an exclusive school, I still love the idea of going home to my sisters and just spending little time with them to talk and be me.

9. Change of clothes.
Clothing does matter, dressing up well is another factor, and carrying those clothes well is the bottom line of everything. These things make you a woman. No you don't need those pricey clothes from high-end stores. It is always about how you bring yourself and the way you bring your best foot forward all the time.

Having 4 sisters is probably a giant closet-full of clothing for every occasion.The need to buy clothes is no longer necessary, I can always borrow some from their closets. Or sometimes I steal them then we go back to number 10.

It's not only about the clothing, you can get all the best tips for dressing or putting make-up on pretty well. How to act in special occasions or be goofy everyday.

They are the frank ones who tell you that you are puking stripes when you're wearing a printed shirt over printed bottoms. They tell you when you look like a tree when you've put on a green shirt on top of a brown pair of bottoms. And you look like a macho-man wearing that tank top.

They see you at your worst, but they make sure that you don't get out of the house looking like shit.

8. Sensitivity.
No guys, you won't get this and no matter how many times you try you will never get the same intuition the way we girls do.(non-sexist comment over here)

They always know, they always know when something's bugging me or something's really making me feel excited. I'd always be that person surprised that they sometimes feel it more than I do. It's amazing how they can get it out of me without my knowing.

7. Long conversations at a dining table.
We find time to talk. We find time to listen. We always find the time to argue about our opinions, over coffee or during meal time.

We never had a quiet table during meals in this house. It's always about what's happening with whom and who has the best story to tell.

If ever we do have families of our own, this is probably what I will miss about us. We cannot bear the idea of eating alone at our dining table. You can say we're inseparable or clingy but we always, always, find the time to eat together. Which I think is rare in a lot of family set-ups.

This is something worth treasuring. If ever we have reunions in the near future, this could be something to still look forward to and to be instilled in our children's values.

8. Long coffee breaks.
We love coffee. By that I mean WE ARE SO ADDICTED with coffee.

With the multiple collections of tumblers from different coffee shops, bags and bags of 3-in-1 coffee, and many other, this is where we all agree on: COFFEE IN THE MORNING (or afternoon) COMPLETES  AND ENDS OUR DAY.

This is the the perfect time where collecting stickers from Starbucks is a no-brainer for us cause when we order it's already a 5-sticker-in-one kind of thing.

Coffee bonds us, it makes us sane and insane at the same time, which I truly love about us.

7. The Sane and Insane.
No matter how many times we try to bond with each other, there will always be fights in between.

We are but a collection of short-tempered-well-opinionated girls who were taught never to back down on any fight.

When somebody's mean to any of us, we always have each other's back. You might say, we become PSYCHO BITCHES for each other. For me, the value of a sister being a true sister is measured with the amounts of sacrifices we can make for each other just to get even when somebody hurts us.

Then the sane us comes in.

No matter how psycho bitches we can get, we still kiss and make-up after a few minutes and we're back to normal again. Then we go back to point #10.

6. Instant bestfriends.
No matter how many friends we have, we'd always go back to our own.

You are but my "bestest" of friends. You've seen me at my worst and you've seen me at my best (haha), and thank you for being there no matter what. Thank you for giving me the best advice you can harness from your core every time.

5. Friends of friends.
As the song goes, "and your friends are my friends, and my friends are your friends. The more we get together the happier we'll be."

We have a lot of friends, again A LOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT of friends. I hate to brag about it but our closeness us sisters brings people together. Our closeness springs up new ties to people. When we're together it's like one giant power that the awkward can turn into an awesome time---always.

Which brings me to point #4.

4. Happy Together. 
`At our favorite mountain. Mt. Banahaw. From left to right:
Giannerica (youngest), Giannepaula (2nd), Giannecarla (eldest),
Me (3rd), and Gianneluisa (4th) 
Drama on the side, we find ourselves still happy with the company of each other (or maybe?).haha. Which I truly love about us. We enjoy the same music, we enjoy the same activities, we love the beach, we have almost the same styles, and many more.

Oh, almost forgot. We get drunk together and we never run out of company during drinking sessions. We are instant drinking buddies to each other.

We are happy even if there are times that there's little to be happy for. We always find something extraordinary in the ordinary. It's our magic.


3. Kitchen Experiments.
In a house packed with 5 girls, KITCHEN IS EVERYTHING. We love FOOD, it's the most wonderful creation for us.

If we want to go Italian, somebody can cook something up. If we want to go classic Pinoy, somebody's always there to save the day. If we want fresh batches of baked goods, somebody's there to do the job as well.

We're perfect puzzles in the kitchen and maybe in this life time as well.

2. Soul Sisters.
I love you no matter what. I wouldn't trade you for anybody even if sometimes we have our own differences.

I believe that when we made our blue prints in our past lives, we have lessons to be learned from each other. We are still in the process of re-learning them and why we chose this path together.

Deep down in my core, I believe that our connections will never end. We will be altogether in this journey for many lifetimes. I'm looking forward to that.

1. Instant affection.
Endless coffee breaks at Subic, Zambales. Playing with fish-eye.
Mum's the girl in  the yellow sarong.
I'm not the touchy-type of person but this is really my number 1 most important point. We've grown with parents who rarely hug and show affection for each other. When people ask me why I love you so much I tell them that you always give me instant affection.

You hug me when I ask for one. You've shown me a great deal about how important a hug is when you need it, and that you shouldn't be scared or doubtful to ask for it when you need some. We never fail to tell each other "ingat (take care)" when there's a chance.

You cry with me, you laugh with me, and you do the craziest of things with me altogether. Thank you for all of it. I LOVE YOU.

Sooooo...
If you have sisters/brothers of your own, take the time to hug them, tell them you love them, you miss them, and that you care for them---ALL THE TIME.

You wouldn't know when that day will come that they'll finally leave and have families of their own or live a life that they've always dreamed of.

It is through them and in this wonderful fate that we come to know ourselves more and share our unconditional love through our closed relationships.

Take the time.


No comments:

You're very much welcome to share what you think about my posts but please don't butcher me. :))