If Not Now, When Then?

/
0 Comments
I have come to this conclusion today as August is ending that I am a master procrastinator. I guess my whole idea of the 40-day challenge is not coming to plan as it should be. I haven't been inspired to write for the past few days due to circumstances that I am not allowed to mention here. 

There are just those days where the creativity juice is not flowing and you'd have to agree with me on this? That anything you think of just suddenly goes blah in your head? or You've thought of a brilliant idea and an appropriate title for that idea then your bubble suddenly starts to burst? I couldn't push it. 

so after 5 days here goes nothing...

Two posts were originally planned to be written before this entry but I came across this book that reminded me today that time is just an illusion and it's us that gives it so much power that we cannot control it; that the only thing we can do is to let it take us. At the end of 10 years or so we realize that our lives just suddenly went by then all the regrets start to pour in and we blame people, worst ourselves for the "wrong" choices or the chances that we deliberately missed. 

No I am not a 40 or a 50-year old lady to even say that time passed but I hope that you can empathize with me when I say things like this, that time does go by and you wonder if you are moving or everything is just the same you just looked at it in different ways. Well it's confusing but yes a question came to me today, "If not now, when then?"

If not now when will you...

Decide to take that job?
Choose to love?
Choose to give up that cigarette?
Choose to change?
Choose to be independent?
Be different?

Days go by and you just have all those questions in your head, yet you don't do anything about them. I have come to realize that today. I haven't been doing anything about it lately. I have just been sitting in the corner waiting for things to change and yet here I am wondering why nothing is happening. I have been sulking and blaming people for my situation and I don't look at myself. Don't you feel the same? 

In this great big world I believe that we are all procrastinators in different ways, we always choose to postpone the things that we have to do and trade it for little pleasures that would satisfy us for a short moment. Have you had that? Where you're supposed to be on a deadline yet you traded a day of work for some beers with your friends? It's just is, because we choose to be momentarily happy sometimes instead of choosing to be happy long-term. 

Let's look at it this way...

Supposed that you did the deadline, you wouldn't be cramming the next day, you wouldn't be panicking to get up from bed because of that hangover, and your boss might not be kicking your ass in the office. You would definitely not have a bad day. You would definitely not feel stupid or drunk stupid that you didn't do what you're supposed to do.

We procrastinate because we are not fully aware of the chain of reactions that we will get from one simple choice that we make in our everyday lives. At the back of our heads we are sure that everything will turn out fine and we live everything to that "thing out there" that is really in control. Call it Fate, God, Allah, and many more.

It's such an offensive word when someone calls you a procrastinator but mind you if someone says this again just go tell them, "why aren't you one also?" We are all giant procrastinators, if we aren't then this world would be a better place. If someone chooses to fix the problem immediately before it gets worst then everything will be well and fine. Right? 

I believe that the simple actions and choices we make affect every path that our lives are destined to take. We may not know it at the moment but the little things are really the things that make huge impacts in our lives. It's a ripple effect that we send to the Universe and it resonates loudly to us and that is what we see in our reality.

We get sad if it turns out bad and we get truly happy when everything turns out fine. Sometimes we just feel that we are victims in these situations when the fact of the matter is we are the ones who created it. We just don't feel responsible about them and we feel sad or depressed. I know it's going to far out but like I said, ripple effect.

I don't want to go all-preachy about this but yes I believe that every single individual in this world must ask themselves this question in order to find true meaning and purpose in this world. Let's not make time move us, but rather the other way around. Let's take responsibility for all of our actions and make procrastination a thing of the past. After all we are dynamic and progressive individuals capable of adapting and growing in different environments.

Let's start giving up the things that do not matter that much and choose to delay our gratification for more happiness to be achieved in our lives.

Anyway, today I asked myself, if not now, when then? You MUST try it too. It's amazing!


No comments:

You're very much welcome to share what you think about my posts but please don't butcher me. :))