Slimy Boards and Dead Sea

/
0 Comments
My long lost tribute for the love of the beach...


Those times at the beach, they are always the memorable ones. There's something about the water that just makes me feel calm and always with the reassuring feeling that life will be there to support me.

The urge to write came across my brain tonight; not that I am going to rant on things but rather to remind myself on how beautiful the beach is at any time of the day, how I really missed it, and how such a wonderful teacher this place is.

I love you beach, whoever created you must be one heck of a genius for you to eat up almost the whole of the earth.

I have come to understand that my love for you is more than my love for myself these past few days and yet with that you also help me to understand and love myself more.

Did you ever have that feeling that you just wanted to take every leap presented to you? That moment where you just want to defend yourself, but never had the chance to and you end up regretting it happened and you were left there with nothing?

The lessons that the waves crashing on the sea need to be read in between the lines to get the whole idea why it does in the first place.


Just the same with life, we make many collisions in our paths and it is only a matter of choice whether we surf through it or cower our way back to shore where it is always safe and always secure.

In the course of our lives we get to face challenges that test our strength and our wisdom, it is in these small and big decisions that we decide to be who we want to be.

Courage, a word that I learned today, is not just the absence of fear; it is the ability to move forward in spite of fear. M. Scott Peck of the Road Less Traveled said it well. We need not fear the world for what it is but rather choose to let go every step of the way and trust that everything will turn out exactly the way that they should be.

Life in the beach is simple, I hope that it could be the same in the city; with all the hustles and bustles of everyday, we must at least try and find that surf where we'd get stoked in silence and contentment. We must always find a space of solitude where we could possibly see things in a wider perspective.

It is in the conscious effort that we find a meditative state where we could find gratitude and peace in ourselves for the mistakes that we've done and the challenges that we've conquered.

To the big waves, cheers! Many more to come after this year ends. I no longer belong in the zone of comfort, I love complications and I embrace them with an open heart, mind, body, and soul. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)


No comments:

You're very much welcome to share what you think about my posts but please don't butcher me. :))